E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ghisi Daniela, MD
Date of Birth
Surgeon MD, specialized in Anesthesia and Resuscitation
Title of qualification awarded
2004: Degree in Medicine of Surgery, University Milan Bicocca, with honors.
2008: Specialization in Anesthesia and Resuscitation, University of Parma, with honors.
Fellowship in Regional Anesthesia and Acute Perioperative Pain Service, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, UPMC, Pittsburgh PA, USA.
Other qualifications awarded
- November 19th 2004: Diving emergencies. F.I.A.S., Parma, Italy.
- March 10th - 11th 2008: Thromboelastography: clinical applications, University of Parma, Italy.
- July 9th - 10th 2005: Fireworks in anatomy of regional blockade, University of Louisville, Kentucky, USA.
- October 11th 2005: Acute Respiratory Insufficiency, Hospital of Parma, Italy.
- June 16th-17th 2006: Investigator’s Meeting: Direct Xa inhibitor YM150 for prevention of venous thromboembolism in patients undergoing elective total hip replacement Budapest, Hungary.
- April 18th - 19th 2009: Fireworks in anatomy of regional blockade, University of Louisville, Kentucky, USA.
- April 2009: Difficult Airway Course, Wiser Simulation Institute, Pittsburgh, PA,USA.
- June 2009: Fiberoptic Intubation Course, Wiser Simulation Institute, Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
- March 2010: Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Wiser Simulation Institute, Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
- August 28th 2010: Basic Life Support, BLS D, Istituti Ospitalieri Cremona, CR, Italy.
- September 30th 2010: Organ donation. Istituti Ospitalieri di Cremona, CR, Italy.
- October 5th-8th 2011: Obstetric Anaesthesia, simulation course. 65th National Congress SIAARTI, Turin, Italy.
- November 27th-28th 2013: Advanced Cardiac Life Support, American Heart Association Simulearn Srl di A.A.R.O.I-E.M.A.C..
- July 11th, 2009: Pain management Symposium. Update in paravertebral ultrasound guided blocks: the intercostal approach. Nemacolin, PA, USA.
- May 20th, 2011: From acute to chronic pain: Perineural analgesia. Istituti Ospitalieri Cremona, CR, Italy.
- September 11th, 2011: Study in Multidisciplinary PAin Research (SIMPAR). Acute and chronic pain: where we are and where we have to go: practical part, workshop US Peripheral Nerve Block.
- April - October 2011: Peripheral nerve blocks and vascular access with ultrasound guidance. Istituti Ospitalieri di Cremona, CR, Italy.
- April 27th, 2012: IX SIARED Convention, Regional anaesthesia and management of the coagulopathic patient. Salerno, Italy.
- October 25th, 2012: 66h SIAARTI Convention, Regional anaesthesia course: ultrasound guided peripheral nerve blocks below the knee. Laparoscopic surgery: TAP Block o local anaesthetic nebulisation. Naples, NA Italy.
- December 14th-15th, 2012: ESRA Italian Chapter. Peripheral nerve blocks in the treatment of postherpetic neuralgia. Milan, MI, Italy.
- December 14th, 2013: XIX National Convention ESRA Italian Chapter. Sorrento, NA Italy.
Member of the following scientific societies:
- Since 2008: Italian Society of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care (SIAARTI);
- In 2009: Orthopaedic Anaesthesia Pain & Rehabilitation Society (OAPRS); Society for the Advancement of Geriatric Anaesthesia (SAGA);
- Since 2010: SIAARTI Study Groups: anaesthesia in orthopaedic; anaesthesia in day-surgery;
- Since 2012: European Society of Regional Anaesthesia (ESRA);
- Since 2013: ESRA Board, Italian Chapter; Managing Editor of the Italian ESRA website.
- IARS 2006: Blood transfusions in orthopaedics. San Francisco. Fanelli A, Ghisi D, Merman R, Chelly JE.
- ASA 2009: Intrathecal hyperbaric 2% Prilocaine in outpatients general surgery. Camponovo. C, Fanelli A, Cristina D, Ziegler S, Ghisi D. ASA, CD 2009.
- ASA 2009: Comparison between nerve stimulation and loss of resistance technique for lumbar plexus block. Fanelli A, Ghisi D, Danelli G, Chelly JE, Fanelli G. ASA, CD 2009.
- ASA 2009 Comparison between Supraclavicular and Axillary approach for Ultrasound-guided Brachial Plexus Block. Ortu A, Ziegler S, Fanelli A, Ghisi D, Danelli G. ASA, CD 2009
- ASA 2009: Factors Limiting the On-Time Start of Surgery in a Level II Trauma Hospitalisation. Ghisi D, Fanelli A, Boretsky R, Chelly JE. ASA, CD 2009.
- ESRA 2009: Regional anesthesia in the immune-compromised febrile or infected patients. Ghisi D, Feigel J, Chelly JE. XV Reunion Annual ESRA Espana. Pamplona, Spagna, 2009.
- Is 23% the real incidence of urinary retention after intrathecal 2% hyperbaric prilocaine in the ambulatory setting? Fanelli A, Ghisi D. Danelli G. Br J Aneasth (E-letter) Apr, 2010.
- Response letter to Dr del-Rio-Vellosillo et al. Camponovo C, Wulf H, Ghisi D, Fanelli A, Riva T, Cristina D, Vassiliou T, Leschka K, Fanelli G. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2014 Aug;58(7):906-7.
Books and book chapters:
- Chapter: Regional anesthesia and trauma. Ghisi D, Fanelli A, Rest K. Essential of Regional Anesthesia. Editors Alan David Kaye, Richard D. Urman, Nalini Vadivelu; Publisher, Springer, 2011.
- Chapter: Ultrasound guided thoracic paravertebral block: “Classic Approach”. Fanelli A, Montoya M, Ghisi D. Ultrasound Guided Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine Techniques and Tips. Editor Paul Bigeleisen, Steve Orebough, Jacques E Chelly; Publisher, Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, November, 2009.
- Chapter: Regional Anesthesia and Thromboembolic Prophylaxis in Patients Undergoing Total Hip and Knee Arthroplasty. Fanelli A, Ghisi D, Chelly JE, Fanelli G. General Anesthesia Research Developments. Editor: Milo Hertzog and Zelig Kuhn; Publisher, Nova Science Publishers, Inc. 2009
- Chapter: Complications of Regional Anesthesia. Second edition. Fanelli G, Casati A, Ghisi D. Editor: B.T. Finucane; Publisher, Springer edition, 2007.