Romantini Matteo, MD
Basic professional assignment: Clinical orthotic and surgical management of flat feet in pediatric patient
2010: Degree in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Bologna.
2017: Specialization in Orthopaedics and Traumatology at the University of Bologna.
- From 2019: MD with permanent contract at the Rizzoli-Sicilia Department, with specific competences in pediatric orthopedics. High Training at the Complex Structure “Pediatric Orthopedics and Traumatology”, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute (dir. Dr. Stefano Stilli).
- 2018-19: MD with permanent contract at the Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute – Rizzoli-Sicilia Department.
- 2017-18: research contract at the Biomedical and Neuromotor Sciences of the University of Bologna – Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, with a research project on reconstructive treatment with Megaprosthesis of massive bone defects.
- 2017-18: private collaborator at the Trauma Medical Clinic, La Villa (BZ), for orthopedic emergency room activities.
- 2017: temporary contract for specialist outpatient activities in the orthopedic field, Local Health Authority of Romagna.
Good mastery of the Microsoft Office suite, Filemaker, video editing programs, MedCalc for statistical analysis.
Staff member at the Annual "Musculoskeletal Pathology Course", IOR.
Author of numerous articles in international scientific journals. Author of two chapters in scientific books.
- Pediatric orthopedic pathologies
- Bone primitive tumors: ostheosarcomas, Ewing sarcomas, chondrosarcomas
- Primitive tumors of the soft tissues: liposarcomas, fibrosarcomas, epithelioid sarcomas, other high grade sarcomas of the soft tissues
- Benign tumors of the bone and soft tissues: lipomas, atypical lipomatous tumors, myxomas, chondromas, exostoses, neurinomsa, schwannomas and other benign bone and soft tissue tumors
- Pseudotumoral lesions: simple bone cysts, aneurysmatic cysts, fibrous dysplasias
- Bone metastases: treatment through electrochemotherapy
- Regenerative medicine: employment of mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) for the treatment of fractures consolidation delays, ostheonecroses, bone cysts
- Ostheomyelites and periprosthesic infections
- Degenerative pathologies of the hip and knee
- Primitive or secondary ostheonecroses
- Complex pelvis reconstruction through custom-made prosthetic implants, obtained through 3D printing techniques.