Davico Giorgio, Eng.
2014: MSc in Biomedical Engineering (Final mark: 106/110), Politecnico di Torino.
2020: PhD in Computational Biomechanics, Griffith University (QLD, Australia), Thesis title: “Development of personalised lower-limb neuromusculoskeletal models for typically developing paediatric populations and children with cerebral palsy”.
Clinical Product Specialist (Sanitex SPA): technical and clinical support in the operating chamber (emodynamics) on diagnostic (i.e., intravascular ultrasound and pressure catheters) and interventional (i.e., bioresorbable scaffolds) medical devices.
- English: Proficient
- French: Basic
- Programming languages: MATLAB, Python
- Image processing packages and CAD: Mimics Innovation Suite, Slicer3D
- Biomechanical analyses software: Vicon Nexus, OpenSim (GUI and API), CEINMS, MAP Client, nmsBuilder
- Generic tools: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experimental skills: 3D gait analysis and lower-limb surface electromyography
Academic tutor for the following courses: Biomechanics of the Motor Function (Alma Mater Studiorum – University of Bologna, AA2019-20), Bioinstrumentation, Introductory Biomechanics, Musculoskeletal Biomechanics (Griffith University, AA2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19).
- Peer-reviewed scientific papers on international indexed journals
- Podium presentations at international conferences (ABC10, ISB2017, WCB2018, ISB2019)
- Finalist for the Young Investigator Award issued by the International Society of Biomechanics (ISB), 2019
- Member of the VPH Institute, National Bioengineering Group (GNB), European Society of Biomechanics (ESB)
Biomechanics, in silico medicine, musculoskeletal models, neuromuscular disorders, model personalization.