Author and Co-Author of over 550 scientific publications (553 documents on Scopus Author, 14,822 citations, H Index: 64, as of 26 October 2020).
- Scopus Author Id: 7102081036
- ORCID ID: 0000-0002-3732-3570
- RESEARCH ID: J-4808-2016.
Management of Research Projects funded by the European Community, the Italian Ministry of Health, the Emilia-Romagna Region, Foundations, National and International Companies.
Activities in the Editorial Board of the International Journal "Biomed Res International".
Member of the Board of Directors of the following Societies: Italian Biomaterials Society (SIB), Italian Society of Muscles, Tendons and Ligaments (ISMuLT).
National Delegate of the "COST Action MP1301 - New Generation Biomimetic and Customized Implants for Bone Engineering" Project.
Participation in over 250 National and International Congresses also as Speaker or Chairman and in the organization of over 30 Courses, Conferences, Seminars and training events.
Participation in the activities of the following Scientific Networks:
- IRCCS Orthopedics Network (RAMS) for "Regeneration and Reconstruction of the Locomotor System"
- IRCCS Aging Network (National Research Network on Aging and Active Longevity)
- Clust-ER Health and Wellness Industries of the Emilia-Romagna region.
Awards and acknowledgments:
- Certificate of Merit - The International Cartilage Regeneration & Joint Preservation Society (ICRS) 2019. Award for the publication: Amniotic Stem Cells (AECs) vs Adipose-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells (ADSCs): Biological treatment for osteoarthritis
- Top Scientist - Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute year 2019 (n.31 scientific publications; normalized IF: 158.6)
- Top Scientist - Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute year 2018 (n.24 scientific publications; normalized IF: 129.2)
- Top Scientist - Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute Year 2017 (n.30 scientific publications; normalized IF: 128)
- Oral Presentation Award, 13th OrtoMed Congress, Italian Society of Orthopedics, Medicine and Rare Skeletal Diseases, "Personalized Regenerative Medicine in Spinal Surgery: stem cells from the vertebral body". Florence 2018
- Best research award, 40th National Congress of the Italian Society of Spinal Surgery and Italian Scoliosis Group "Cells of the human vertebral bone marrow in toto and expanded cultured in conditions of normoxia and hypoxia: a new strategy for vertebral surgery", Naples 2017
- Best Poster Award, 4th International Conference Translational Research in Oncology "An in vitro 3D bone metastasis model by using a human bone tissue culture and human sex-related cancer cells", Meldola, Forlì (FC-Italy), 2016
- 10th World Biomaterial Congress (WBC 2016) Trainee Award for the abstract entitled "Scientific design, realization and clinical use of hyman derived dermal matrix 8HDM) in regenerative medicine, Montreal, Canada, 2016
- Best poster award Euroscicon Meeting establishing anti-aging medicine. Experimental in vitro study on the behavior of osteoclasts in osteoporosis, London 2015
- Best presentation award to the Italian Society of Neurosurgery Annual Meeting Spinal Surgery Section - Looking at the future of spine surgery based on past experience. "Biomaterials: a good alternative to autologous bone for spinal fusion", Florence 2015
- Award Biospina Prize 2011, "Biomaterials as a valid alternative to autologous and homologous bone in creating a vertebral fusion", 2012
Since 2013 she is reviewer of competitive international research projects.
She is also occasional reviewer for international journals including: Biomaterials, Journal of Applied Phisiology, Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, Journal of Bioactive and Biocompatible Polymers, European Cells and Materials, Acta Biomaterialia, Cell and Tissue Research, BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders, Journal of Orthopedic Research, Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, Journal of Biomedical Material research, Journal of Applied Biomaterials and Functional Materials, Cytotherapy, Journal of Biomaterial Applications.