Bottau Giulia, MSc
2022: Master’s degree in Animal Biotechnology at University of Bologna, Class LM-9 Medical, Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Biotechnologies. Thesis: Role of heme oxygenase in ferroptosis induction of osteosarcoma cells (MG-63), graduated with 110/110 cum laude.
2019: Bachelor’s degree in Animal production and wildlife management, graduated with 101/110. Thesis: Application of nanotechnology in animal reproduction.
- July 2022 – Present: Scholarship Fellow at Laboratorio di Patologia delle Infezioni associate all’Impianto of Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli in Bologna, in the context of the project “Implant orthopedic infections: the challenge of bacterial antibiotic resistance and new anti-infective materials”.
- March 2021 – August 2021: trainee for Master thesis preparation abroad, during Erasmus+ Program, at the Institute for Medical Biochemistry of Vetmeduni Vienna (Austria). Determination of heme oxygenase activity through bilirubin levels determined using a double beam photometer in osteosarcoma cells MG-63 and undifferentiated human bone marrow stem cells (osteoblast like), supplemented with ferroptosis inducing agents. Protein determination through Bradford.
- June 2021 – July 2021: trainee for Master thesis preparation abroad, during Erasmus+ Program, at Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Traumatology (Vienna, Austria). The studies were focused on osteosarcoma cells MG-63. Cell culture, ferroptosis induction, electron microscopy, determination of lactate dehydrogenase activity in cell culture medium.
- October 2020 – February 2021: student trainee at Laboratorio BCM, Biochimica e Biotecnologie cellulari e molecolari (BCM), Ozzano dell’Emilia (BO). Gene expression of HIF-1α e HIF-2α genes using qPCR and its efficiency evaluation in porcine corpus luteum. Sequencing and amplification of a coriolysin gene fragment in European eel. Gene expression of transferrin receptor gene in canine osteosarcoma. Methods: sampling, agarose gel electrophoresis, preparation of stock PCR primers, PCR-RT, gene expression.
- February 2017 – June 2017: Student Trainee at INFA (Istituto Nazionale di Fecondazione Artificiale).
Skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and use of scientific literature database (NCBI, PubMed).
Cell culture, ferroptosis and enzymatic activity determination in osteosarcoma cells.