The Joint Desk "Clinical documentation copy" is available to provide:
- copies of medical records, outpatient or emergency room reports, X-rays (X-rays, CT, MRI);
- information on the characteristics of prostheses, plates, screws, etc. implanted, in order to certify suitability or contraindications to perform instrumental MRI examinations.
The Desk is located at the main entrance of the Rizzoli Hospital (via G.C.Pupilli 1, 40136 Bologna) and is open to the public from Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 12.00 noon.
It is available by phone (phone n. +39-051-6366343) for general information and delivery times from Monday to Thursday, 9.00am to 11am.
The request shall be transmitted using one of the following procedures exclusively:
- by visiting the Desk in person;
- by delegating the request at the Desk to another person, who shall be provided with a copy of the patient's ID and the indication of the address to which the documentation shall be sent;
- by leaving the request form in the provided box at the Desk, when the Desk is closed, attaching a copy of the patient's ID (and proxy and copy of the delegate's ID in case of request by a person other than the person concerned);
- by sending the form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (or by fax to +39-051-4689918);
- by letter, addressed to "Archivio Documentazione Clinica, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Via G.C.Pupilli n.1, 40136 Bologna, Italy".
In case of transmission by fax, letter or email it is necessary to clearly specify what is required (please see the rates provided in the table at the bottom of the page):
- medical record: indicate the date of hospitalization;
- outpatient/diagnostic/ER report: indicate the date of the visit/performance;
- whether it is a simple copy, certified copy or web copy of medical and historical records (for hospitalizations from 1975 onwards);
- if it is a simple copy or a certified copy of medical records from 1974 onwards;
- whether it is a simple copy or a certified copy of a report;
- X-rays on film or CD: specify the date and the part of the body concerned; request for X-rays in vision;
- request for information on the characteristics of the prostheses, plates, screws, etc. (submit the request at least one month before the date when the instrumental examinations are to be performed).
- personal data: surname and first name, place and date of birth;
- telephone number (mobile phone number in case of requested online delivery) and address to which the copy should be sent;
- e-mail address;
- please sign the request and attach a copy of a valid ID;
- attention: if the request relates to a minor, the parent must declare parental responsibility;
- attention: in the case of a deceased person it is necessary to fill in a self-certification of the status as family member or heir;
- attention: in the case of a guardian it is necessary to fill in a self-certification of the status as guardian with details of the legal measure.
The copy of the medical documentation (medical records, outpatient reports, diagnostic reports, ER reports, X-rays or X-rays on CD, CT scan, MRI) can be collected in one of the following ways:
- via web, through the service "Pronto Cartella" (service available only for medical records of hospitalization from 1975 onwards) - only simple copy;
- by requesting shipment by post with charges to be paid by the recipient;
- by direct collection at the Desk (after calling to check that the copy is ready).
The clinical documentation can only be collected:
- by the person concerned (with the obligation to show a valid ID);
- by a person delegated in writing (with the obligation to show a valid ID and a copy of the patient's document).
Attention: in the case of a minor, the parent must self-certify the parental authority or custody. In the case of a deceased person, self-certification of the status of family member or heir is required.
For X-rays performed up to January 31st, 2007: it is possible to request a copy or a vision of the X-rays performed at our Hospital both in the Outpatient Clinic/Emergency Room and during hospitalization.
For X-rays performed since January 31st, 2007: X-rays performed during hospitalization or outpatient services (ER or Specialized Outpatient Clinic) can be requested only and exclusively as a copy (on plate or CD).
X-rays in vision are collected by visiting the desk directly (they cannot be sent by post).
For the copy of the clinical documentation sent by post (with payment upon delivery) the costs are at the expense of the recipient.
The payment of the health documentation must be paid at the Desk, using the automatic collection machine at the Institute, or it can be made through the PagoPA channels (e.g. tobacco shops, post office, ATMs, pagonline) following the instructions on the payment forms received.
Users who requests, by mail/fax or letter, the sending of the documentation via mail or web, will receive by mail or e-mail the forms to proceed with the payment.
In the event of non-payment within 30 days of collection or delivery, a credit recovery procedure will be activated.
FEES FOR THE COST OF THE CLINICAL CHART, AS PROVIDED BY THE DELIBERATION n. 63 of APRIL 12th, 2016
|Typology||Legal copy||Regular copy|
|Online Medical Report||-||5,00 €|
|Single hospitalization chart||20,00 €||15,00 €|
|Orthopedic History joint chart (for hospitalizations previous to November 30th, 2008)||50,00 €||25,00 €|
|Outpatient, diagnostic, first aid medical report||3,00 €||2,00 €|
|Further pages in the medical report||0,50 €||0,50 €|
Archived medical report, extracted from the hospital IT system
Copy of the administrative documentation, per sheet
Copy of X-ray image/s on CD
Radiographic copy with film print