Boriani Luca, MD, PhD
Consultant, MD, PhD
Orthopaedic and Spine Surgeon
Title of qualification awarded
- 2004: Degree in Medicine and Surgery at University of Bologna, with honors.
- 2009: Specialization in Orthopedics and Traumatology at the Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute, with honors.
Other qualifications awarded
- From June 2016: GMC Fully registered Medical Practitioner, n. 7543662.
- 2017-2018: Nottingham Spine A fellowship (Centre for spinal studies and surgery, Nottingham, UK), mentors Mr B.Boszczyk, Mr K. Salem and Mr M.Tsegaye.
- 2016-2017: Nottingham Spine B fellowship (Centre for spinal studies and surgery, Nottingham, UK), mentor Mr N. Quraishi.
- 2012-2015: Biomedical Science Ph.D. developed on the study of the anterior column graft in spine oncology: “Spine Anterior column reconstruction after oncologic resection: titanium/carbon fiber cage or allogenic graft?”.
- 2008, 2009, 2016, 2018: Basic Life Support and Defribillation (BLSD) qualification.
- 2005: National Italian license as Medical Doctor.
- Since February 2018: contract as Locum Spine Consultant in the Spine Unit - Centre for spine studies and surgery, at the Queens Medical Center, Nottingham University Trust, Nottingham UK. He resigned from the assignment in order to start his current job at the Rizzoli Institute as a Spine Substantive Consultant at the Spine Deformity Unit, headed by Dr. Tiziana Greggi, since September 4th, 2018.
- Since August 2016: Nottingham Advanced Spinal Surgery Fellowship, successfully completed in February 2018.
- Since April 2012: staff member at the Orthopaedic and Traumatology Unit, Regional Center for Spinal Disorders at the Local Health Authority 4, Alto Vicentino Hospital, Schio (Vicenza, Italy), headed by Prof. Massimo Balsano.
- Since February 2012: staff member at the Orthopaedic and Traumatology Unit of the Pavullo nel Frignano Hospital, Local Health Authority of Modena, Italy.
- Since May 2010: in force at the Musculoskeletal tissue bank, headed by Dr. Pier Maria Fornasari at the Rizzoli Research Innovation and Technology Department, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, Bologna. His efforts are both in the research field, in particular working on innovative bone graft in spine, and in the clinic, working as a spine surgeon in the Oncological and Degenerative Spine Surgery Unit, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, Bologna, with particular interest in spine infections/spondylodiscitis.
Fluent in the English language, IELTS score overall band 8 (June,3rd, 2016).
Able to use Mac and PC. In surgical practice, able to use modern spinal surgery techniques and instrumentations.