Bordini Barbara, Statistician
1999: Degree in Statistics from the University of Bologna.
Since 1999 she has been working at Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli, at the Medical Technology Laboratory. She is responsible for statistical analysis of Register of Orthopaedic Prosthetic Implants (R.I.P.O).
The R.I.P.O. was initiated at the Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli in 1990.
All the Orthopaedic Units in the region Emilia-Romagna (approx. 4 milions inhabitants) joined to it starting from January 2000. It consists of a data-base, where clinical conditions of patients, surgical procedure, type and fixation of implant are recorded, either for primary and revision hip and knee prosthesis surgery.
At 31st December 2013 the Register collected data of nearly 81,000 total hip-replacements, 31,700 hemiarthoplasties, 12,800 revisions, 66,000 knee replacements and 5,800 knee revisions as well as 2,800 shoulder prostheses.
She follows the activities of management and checking of data base. She is mainly involved in statistical analysis on medical research and in query implementation on regional health informative systems.
She identifies groups of patients to start on clinical experimentations also through the interrogation of the regional and local data banks.
Participation to research projects:
- 'Plan of a National Registry of hip prosthesises and its implementation in 5 Italian regions' plan of purposive research – Ministry of Health, years 2002-2005.
- ‘Quality of the hip prosthesis operation' plan of purposive research – Ministry of Health, years 2002-2005.
- ‘Study of the relationship cost-benefit of hip prosthesises ' plan of purposive research – Health Ministry years 2003-2006
- “Manufacturing information of orthopedic articular prosthesis. analysis of specific safety issues for radiotherapy, magnetic resonance, orthopedic surgery and identification of a traceability model” – Ministry of Health, year 2012-2015.
She is member of the Ethics Committee of the Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute since 2013.
Lends her expertise for the Prometeo Lab since 2012.
Office, SAS, SPSS
- 2000-2001: Statistical Methods in Medical Research - Corso di Diploma Universitario in Tecnico Ortopedico, University of Bologna.
- 2001-2002: Statistical Methods in Medical Research - Corso di Diploma Universitario in Tecnico Ortopedico, University of Bologna.
Data processing of the RIPO (Registry of Orthopaedic Prothesic Implantology of the Emilia Romagna Region).