Simonetti Elisa, MSc
Biotechnologist; Biomedical Laboratory Technician
2019: Master’s degree in Medical, Veterinary and Forensic Biotechnological Sciences
Thesis: Evaluation of immune contexture in thyroid carcinoma
Graduation grade: 110/110 cum laude
- 2016: Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Laboratory Techniques, Thesis: Mutational analysis of KRAS, NRAS e BRAF in colorectal cancer, Graduation grade: 110/110 cum laude
- 2019: Qualification to practice as a Biologist – Section A
- Registration in the professional register of Perugia-Terni at n. 298 (TSRM PSTRP)
- Registration in the National Register of Biologists – Section A, n. AA_085406
From November 2022: PhD student at Laboratory of Experimental Oncology in Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute (Bologna)
PhD program in Oncology, Hematology and Pathology XXXVIII cycle, University of Bologna
Project: “Genomic characterization of ultra-rare sarcomas: a step forward towards the development of personalized medicine”
- June 2020 - October 2022: biomedical laboratory technician at the Laboratory of Experimental Oncology, Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute, Bologna.
- July 2019 – February 2020: Volunteer attendant at USL Umbria 2 – Orvieto Hospital Unit – Analysis Laboratory.
- 2018-2019: internship for a master’s degree thesis at the Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases Laboratory (1-MISEM) of Perugia Hospital.
- 2015- 2016: Internship for the bachelor’s degree thesis at the Medical Oncology Laboratory of Perugia Hospital.
- 2013-2016: trainee in the laboratories of: Anatomy and Pathological Histology; Microbiology; Transfusion Laboratory; Hematology; Laboratory of galenic preparations; 1-MISEM; Medical Oncology Laboratory; Cytogenetics Laboratory.
Italian: mother tongue
- Good knowledge of the Office package (Word; Excel; Power Point) and the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Immunohistochemical analysis on paraffin embedded tissue samples
- Molecular Biology : nucleic acid extraction from tumor and/or healthy histological pieces, cell pellets and FFPE sections; PCR; Real Time PCR; Gel electrophoresis; sanger sequencing
- Western Blotting
- Use of scientific databases (NCBI, Pubmed)
III International AICC Exosome Meeting 7th-8th june 2021
Genomic characterization of ultra-rare sarcomas