Grassi Francesco, PhD
1995: Degree in Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Bologna.
- 1999: Specialization in Toxicology, University of Bologna
- 2004: Doctorate in Biomedical Science, University of Bologna.
- 1996-97: Post-degree attendance, Department of Pharmacology, University of Bologna
- 1998-00: Junior scientist at the Laboratory of Immunology and Genetics, IOR
- 2001-04: PhD Student, Laboratory of Immunology and Genetics, IOR
- 2003-06: Post-Doc Fellow, Department of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Lipids, Emory University, Atlanta (USA)
- 2007-10, Research Associate at the Laboratory of Immunology and Genetics, IOR
- From 2010: Staff scientist at the RAMSES Laboratory.
Fluent in spoken and written English.
Windows and Macintosh Operating Systems; Office and Photoshop software.
- Forum in Bone and Mineral Research. Salsomaggiore Terme, PR Italy, 2005. Seminar entitled: "Estrogen Immunoregulation of bone"
- Institute S. Raffaele del monte Tabor. Dibit Scientific Retreat 2007, Bardolino del Garda, VR, Italy, 2007. Seminar entitled: "Immune costimulation is key to new osteoclast formation in bone; a new pathway linking oxidative stress, immune cells and bone loss in estrogen deficiency"
- University of Bologna, School of Specialization in Rheumatology, 2008. Seminar entitled: "L'immunità nel controllo dell'omeostasi scheletrica"
- Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB), Bellinzona, Switzerland, 2008. Seminar entitled: "Regulation of bone remodeling by crosstalk between osteoclasts and T cells"
- University of Bologna, School of Specialization in Rheumatology. Updating course in Rheumatology: "L'artrite psoriasica", Bologna, 2009. Seminar entitled: L'osteoclastogenesi nell'artrite psoriasica"
- University of Basilea, Switzlerland, Department of Tissue Engineering, Seminar entitled: "Regulation of bone turnover by cross-talk between osteoclast, osteoblast and bone cells", 2010
- University of Bologna, School of Specialization in Rheumatology. Educational seminar, 2011. Seminar entitled: "Osteoimmunologia"
- Convention: "Il ruolo delle terme nella prevenzione e riabilitazione: presente e futuro". Bologna, 2016. Seminar entitled: "Idrogeno solforato: prospettive di profilassi e terapia dell’osteoporosi"
- Forum in Bone and Mineral Research. Rome, 2017. Research lecture entitled: "Hydrogen sulfide: a novel regulator of osteoblast differentiation and bone formation".
- 2005-07: Marie-Curie Fellow (International Outgoing Fellowship, project named: OSTEODEN), total duration of the project: 27 months. Budget: 200.000 Euro
- 2008-11: Target research project of the Emilia-Romagna Region/Bologna University: Regenerative medicine in osteo-articular diseases
- 2010-12: Scientific Coordinator of the project entitled: Role of H2S in the regulation of bone cells, funded by the Foundation for thermal Scientific Research (FORST). Budget: 100.000 Euro
- 2014-17: Principal Investigator in the project "Ricerca Finalizzata" of the Italian Ministry of Health: PE-2011-02348395 entitled: "Novel Approach for bone regeneration using sulfur donor-based therapy"
- 2018-21: Principal investigator in the project: "Il ruolo dell'idrogeno solforato termale nella regolazione del metabolismo osseo in pazienti osteoporotici', funded by the Foundation for Thermal Scientific Research (FORST)
- 2018-21: Head of the operating unit "Circulating levels of hydrohen sulfide (H2S) as a novel marker of bone turnover in postmenopausal osteoporosis and aging", RF-2016-02362238.
- Osteoarthritis and Cartilage
- Journal of Orthopedic Research
- BMC Muscoloskeletal Disorders
- Inflammation and Allergy: Drug Targets
- Stem Cells and Development
- Artificial Organs.
- American Society for Bone and Mineral Research (ASBMR)
- European Connective Tissue Society (ECTS).
Biology of bone and cartilage in patients under normal and pathological conditions (osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis): basic research and clinical trials. Tissue engineering. Biomaterials.