Zaffagnini Stefano, MD
Physician, Full Professor of Orthopadics at the University of Bologna
Director of the complex structure 2nd Orthopaedic- Traumatologic Clinic.
MD degree from the University of Bologna on October 17th, 1987, final mark 110/110 cum laude.
Specialization in “Orthopaedics and Traumatology” from the University of Bologna on July 15th, 1992, with final mark 70/70 cum laude.
He works as 1st assistant orthopaedic surgeon in the Sports Traumatology Dept. of the Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute since July 24th, 1997.
He was ESSKA AOSSM travelling fellow from (June 1st-26th, 1997) in the U.S.A, visiting Sports Medicine medical centres of New York, London Ontario, Richmond, Memphis, Atlanta, Cincinnati, San Francisco. He performed a 6 months Fellowship in Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Research at the University of Pittsburgh (USA), under the direction of Professor F. Fu and Professor S. Woo.
He performed 8000 surgical operations as 1st surgeon up to August 31st, 2011.
Excellent knowledge of Windows operating system, Word, Excel.
Excellent knowledge of Computer Assisted Navigation systems in Orthopaedic Surgery.
Teaching activity in the field of Orthopaedics and Traumatology at the University of Bologna:
- Specialization School of Sports Medicine – Faculty of Medicine - University of Bologna from the year 2005/2006;
- Faculty of Exercise and Sport Sciences – University of Bologna (Rimini) from the year 2006/2007;
- School for Orthopaedics Technicians – Faculty of Medicine – University of Bologna from the year 2008/09;
- School of Nursing - Faculty of Medicine – University of Bologna (Ravenna) from the year 2009/10;
- School of Nursing - Faculty of Medicine – University of Bologna (Rimini) from the year 2012/13.
He held the course of “Arthroscopic techniques in Orthopaedics” at the Specialization School of Orthopaedics and Traumatology – Faculty of Medicine - University of Messina from the year 2006/2007 to 2008/2009.
He is one of the 4 Italian members of the “ACL Study Group”, the most important scientific society on ACL reconstruction.
He is active member of many scientific societies: SIOT, SIGASCOT, SIA, IORS, AAOS, AOSSM, ESSKA, ICRS, Magellan Society, ISAKOS, ACL Study Group.
He is vice-president of the SIGASCOT society (Italian Society of Knee Surgery and Sports Medicine).
He was member of the cartilage committee of ESSKA (European Society of Shoulder and Knee Arthroscopy) from 2006 to 2008, and was the chairman of the arthoscopy committee of ESSKA from 2008 to 2010. He is deputy chair of the scientific committee of ISAKOS (International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee surgery and Orthopaedic Sports medicine) from 2011 to 2013.
Scientific Chairman of the 15° ESSKA congress 2012.
Scientific Chairman of the 16° ESSKA congress 2014.
- 221 scientific paper in International journals, 93 with impact factor (ISI Web of Knowledge)
Total IF : 169.802; Normalized IF: 389; H-Index: 16
- 259 international abstracts and 96 Italian National abstracts;
- 1 book, 16 book chapters, 3 monographic volumes, 6 monographic volumes' chapters and 8 scientific videos.
He attended as invited speaker 193 International Meetings and 195 Italian National Meetings.
He is reviewer for many international journals: Am Journal Sports Medicine, Tissue Engeneering, British Medical Bulletin, JOSPT, Musculoskeletal Surgery, Cartilage, Acta Orthopaedica Scand, Clinicl Anatomy.
Associated Editor of Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc (ESSKA journal) from 2012.
Sports Traumatology, Cartilage Pathology, Arthroscopic and Replacement surgery of Shoulder, Knee and Hip joints, Biomechanics, Computer Assisted Surgery, Biological joint reconstructions and Meniscal Transplantation.
Promotore/organizzatore dei seguenti eventi formativi.