Prof. Marcheggiani Muccioli Giulio Maria
MD, PhD, Associate Professor, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon – 2nd Orthopaedic and Traumatologic Clinic (task “Knee and Shoulder surgery”).
- Associate Professor – DIBINEM – Faculty of Medicine – University of Bologna.
2006: MD in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Bologna, with honors.
- 2012: Specialization in Orthopaedics and Traumatology at the Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute - University of Bologna, with honors.
- 2016: PhD in Surgical Sciences at the University of Bologna, with a thesis regarding Anterior Cruciate Ligament reconstruction.
- 2017: National Scientific Abilitation as Associate Professor.
- 2018: Master in Biomechanics, pathology and treatment of upper limb pathology.
- IFMSA Research Exchange Fellow – Prof. Camilleri – Deparment of Anatomy - University of Malta, summer 2005.
- ESSKA Shoulder Arthroscopy Fellow - Prof. L. Funk - Upper Limb Unit - Wrightington Hospital, Wigan, UK – 2014.
- SIGASCOT-JOSKAS Travelling Fellow - Japan - 2015.
- He performs usually 250 surgeries every year as first surgeon (data from Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli - Bologna - Italy.
Mother tongue: Italian. Other spoken languages: English, excellent knowledge (TOEIC exam (ETS) certificate awarded in June 2004 with final mark 800/900, n. ref. 1582).
Excellent knowledge of Windows ed Os-X (Mac) operating systems, Word, Excel e Photoshop. Excellent knowledge of Computer Assisted Navigation systems in Orthopaedic Surgery and of Computer Assisted noninvasive Joint Laxity Evaluation Systems.
Musculoskeletal Advanced Shoulder Ultrasound (SIUMB).
- Lectures for Medicine Students (University of Bologna).
- Course “Sports Traumatology” - Specialization School in Orthoapedics and Traumatology - University of Bologna.
- Course “Traumatology and First Aid” – Faculty of Exercise and Sport Sciences - University of Bologna (Campus of Rimini).
- Tutor in international and Italian national Cadaver Lab courses.
He is author/co-author of 256 publications
- 97 scientific papers published in International journals (84 with impact factor)
- 21 scientific papers published in Italian National journals
- 95 abstract presented in International meetings
- 52 abstract presented in Italian National meetings
- 26 book’s chapters
- 1 book
He is author/co-author of 5 scientific videos
He attended as presenter more than 100 international and Italian national meetings
Scientific Societies Membership:
- S.I.A.G.A.S.C.O.T. (Società Italiana Artroscopia Ginocchio Arto Superiore Cartilagine e Tecnologie Ortopediche) from 2009
- S.E.R.T.O.T. (Società Emiliano Romagnolo Triveneta di Ortopedia e Traumatologia) from 2009
- I.O.R.S. (Italian Orthopaedic Research Society) from 2009
- E.O.R.S. (European Orthopaedic Research Society) from 2010
- S.I.C.S.e G. (Società Italiana Chirurgia Spalla e Gomito) from 2010
- E.S.S.K.A. (European Society of Sports Traumatology Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy) from 2011
- F.O.R.T.E. (Federation of Orthopaedic Trainees in Europe) from 2011
- S.I.O.T. (Società Italiana di Ortopedia e Traumatologia) from 2012
- I.S.A.K.O.S. (International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee surgery and Orthopaedic Sports medicine) from 2014
- E.K.A. (European Knee Associates)
He was one of the founders and the first president of the AISOT (Italian Orthopaedic and Trauma Residents Association) - www.aisot.it
He is an active member as part of the Upper Limb Committee of the SIGASCOT (Italian Society of Knee surgery, Arthroscopy, Cartilage surgery and Orthopaedic Technologies)
- Reviewer for International Scientific Journals:
- European Orthopaedics and Traumatology
- The Knee
- Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy
- Acta Orthopaedica
- Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research
- Journal of Anatomy
- Journal of Orthopaedics and Traumatology
- Musculoskeletal Surgery
- American Journal of Sports Medicine
- Journal of Knee Surgery
- The Physician and Sportsmedicine
Editorial Board member of the following Scientific Journals:
- knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy (KSSTA)
- Journal of Orthopaedic Research (JEO)
Associate Editor of The Knee.
- Knee and Shoulder Surgery;
- Arthroscopy and minimally-invasive surgery;
- Sports Traumatology;
- Prosthetic surgery (standard and Computer Assisted);
- Biological joint reconstructions and Meniscal Transplantation.